Saturday, June 07, 2008

Dreweatts Urban Art Auction Paintworks Totterdown

The family popped down the hill to see the Urban Art Auction preview show (blogged about here earlier) which landed in Totterdown this week.
What can I say.... FABULOUS!

No photography allowed unfortunately so I will just have to put up with the catalogue and my memories for this one. The show is such a good representation of the 'scene' as it stands right now. You've got your big players (Banksy, Neate, Faile and Walker) mixing it with some of the stalwarts of the Bristol scene (Inkie - my partner's favourite, Rowdy, Dicy, Motorboy) and also those artists who we may not hear much about in 6-12 months time such is the up and down nature of the 'urban art'(horrible horrible term) market.
I had some heart in mouth moments as my eldest (only 5) ran through the gallery waving and throwing his balloon about. The staff looked on anxiously and we beat a hasty retreat into the outside courtyard which still shows some leftover traces of Thursday's opening party. In fact the decks and PA at one end of the gallery were still switched on and ready to crank up again. I wish I could have cracked on a disc and broken the tranquilness of this morning's viewing. It was all.... shhh ... a bit... hush...quiet.
Click this pic and you'll see Paris and Mudwig's work on the other side of the river.

You can just about make out a Jack and Jill and Grin Reaper on display in this shot.

All I can say is if you are anywhere near Bristol you should get down to see this before the show moves onto the actual auction itself in London. It's here until Monday night and is open 10-6, 10-4 Monday.

No comments: